HLT 555 Week 7 Assignment
The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Plan (HACCP) is a system used to reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses in the United States. Preventing problems from occurring is the paramount goal underlying any HACCP system. The principles employed in the development of HACCP plans meet the goal of preventing foodborne illnesses.
In a PowerPoint presentation of 10 slides, describe the history and application of the HACCP system, addressing the following:
- Provide a brief history of HACCP.
- Describe the steps involved in the development and implementation of a HACCP plan.
- What are the advantages of using HACCP rather than traditional food safety programs in retail food establishments?
- Describe critical control points and critical limits as they are used in HACCP programs and what happens when there is a deviation.
- Why is monitoring an important step in the HACCP system?
APA format and solid academic writing is expected
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
You'll get 1 file (736.2KB)