CIS 502 Wk 6 Assignment 2 - Critical Infrastructure Protection
Assignment 2: Critical Infrastructure Protection
Due Week 6 and worth 110 points
According to the text, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is an important cybersecurity initiative that requires careful planning and coordination in protecting our infrastructure.
You may use the following resources in order to complete the assignment,
- DHS Critical Infrastructure Security Webpage, located at h“National Infrastructure Protection Plan”, located at http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/NIPP_Plan.pdfttps://www.dhs.gov/topic/critical-infrastructure-security
- “NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity,” located at http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/upload/cybersecurity-framework-021214-final.pdf
- “NIST Roadmap for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity,” located at http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/upload/roadmap-021214.pdf
- Interpret the Department of Homeland Security’s mission, operations and responsibilities.
- Detail the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) initiatives, what they protect, and the methods we use to protect our assets.
- Analyze the way in which CIP has or has not advanced between the releases of the DHS’ NIPP and the NIST’s Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity. Justify your response.
- Describe the vulnerabilities that should concern IS professionals who protect the U.S.’s critical infrastructure.
- Suggest three (3) methods to improve the protection of the U.S.’s critical infrastructure, and justify each suggested method.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of IS professionals in regard to protecting the U.S.’s critical infrastructure, and indicate the strategic ways that you believe IS professionals could better serve as protectors.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
You'll get 1 file (35.3KB)