HLT 520 Week 7 Brain Death Scenario Assignment Latest
Scenario: You are the hospital administrator and are told by your ICU unit director of a patient in the unit that has suffered serious brain damage, but is not currently meeting the criteria for complete brain death. Half of the family is insisting that the patient “wouldn’t want to live this way” and the other half is accusing them of wanting to kill the patient. Some allegations have been raised about a substantial inheritance for some family members upon the patient’s death. The battle is becoming intense and it is beginning to disrupt the medical and nursing staff.
1) Write an analysis (1,250-1,500 words) of the situation from an ethical and legal perspective. Address the following questions:
- What are the ethical issues?
- What are the legal issues?
- What are the medical care issues?
- What actions would you take? Why? How?
- What resources would you tap?
3) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You'll get 1 file (26.8KB)
More products from Joe Philips (PROFICIENT ACADEMIC WRITER/EXPERT)