MGT 420 Module 5 Assignment - Refer to (Working in Teams Video)
Refer to “Working in Teams Video.”
Before responding to the questions, view the video as many times as necessary to familiarize yourself with the characters and the issues as they relate to the objectives of this topic.
Write a paper (1,500-1,750 words) in which you respond to the following questions:
- Define the three criteria for evaluating effective team/group work (as stated in the textbook) and analyze whether the “team” in the video is effective or not.
- Provide a review of Tuckman’s five stages of group formation and evaluate the stages of the individuals in the video. Explain your answer.
- Review your text on the specific types of task, maintenance, and dysfunctional roles in teams, and identify who is playing what specific role in the video. Explain your answer.
- Was the communication among the participants in the video effective or not? Justify your answer (this is not just an opinion). Was the message and meaning conveyed? Was there active listening? What type of noise was evident in the video?
- The textbook describes two main types of conflict. Describe the conflict that is evident in the video. If you were Joe, how would you manage the conflict in this video using one direct and one indirect conflict management approach? Explain.
- Based on what you saw in the Working in Teams video, would you say that these individuals are a group or a team? Explain your answer.
- Identify motivational problems evident in the video and provide a total of four suggestions for motivating each team member. Be sure to use one motivational theory from each area: content theories, process theories, reinforcement theories, and job enrichment model.
Use at least two academic resources as references for this assignment.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
You'll get 1 file (43.1KB)