HLT 520 Week 6 Chapter 20 Review Questions Additional ch. 21
Case Study 2
Mr. P is a 76-year-old male with cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure who has been hospitalized frequently to treat CHF symptoms. He has difficulty maintaining diet restrictions and managing his polypharmacy. He has 4+ pitting edema, moist crackles throughout lung fields, and labored breathing. He has no family other than his wife, who verbalizes sadness over his declining health and over her inability to get out of the house. She is overwhelmed with the stack of medical bills, as Mr. P always took care of the financial issues. Mr. P is despondent and asks why God has not taken him.
Considering Mr. P’s condition and circumstance, write an essay of 500-750 words that includes the following:
- Describe your approach to care.
- Recommend a treatment plan.
- Describe a method for providing both the patient and family with education and explain your rationale.
- Provide a teaching plan (avoid using terminology that the patient and family may not understand).
1) Write a paper (500-750 words) that addresses the Review Questions 2 and 3 in chapter 20 of the textbook. Include a rationale for your answers.
2) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
3) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You'll get a 26.1KB .DOCX file.