BHS-240 Topic 4 Benchmark Assignment- Design a Group
Review the list of group types below and select one for this assignment:
- Task Group
- Psychoeducational Group
- Support Group
- Therapeutic Group
With your selected group type in mind, consider the population and topic of the group you will design.
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word description of the group including the need and purpose it will serve in your community.
Include the following in your description:
- Group population (age, gender, etc.)
- Group topic, in addition to the need and purpose the group will serve (support, therapy, etc.)
- Screening tools are used to match the appropriate client to the appropriate group. What type of screening questions or criterion might you use to select your group members?
- What type(s) of documentation will you need for the group to operate and/or complete its goals? This might include a progress report or note. It may also include a consent for treatment.
- At least three scholarly resources outside of your course textbook
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Note: This assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies: 2.3: Analyze the different clinical and documentation skills to be an effective member of an interdisciplinary team.
You'll get a 26.2KB .DOCX file.