BUS 680 Complete Class- Training and Development
Product Description BUS 680 Complete Class- Training and Development ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 1 DQ 1 Training Preferences Training Preferences. Discuss the type of training you would prefer and why. Use Figure 3-6 on page 82 to help you start your discussion, but do not limit it to only those characteristics. When responding to at least two of your classmates’ postings, discuss what accounts for the differences and similarities in your training preferences. ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 1 DQ 2 Learning Theories Learning Theories. There are more theories of learning and motivation than have been described in the text. Do a search for a learning or a motivation theory that is not in the text. Write a summary of the theory and suggest how it could be used in training. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 1 MHC Case Study MHC Case Study. Read the “Strategic Planning at Multistate Health Corporation” case on pages 51-57 and answer the case questions on pages 56-57 ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 2 DQ 1 Design Consulting Design Consulting. Conduct an Internet search to identify a company that provides training design consulting services. Discuss the design process. Respond to one of your classmates’ postings. In your response, compare and contrast the design process of the company you chose and the one your classmate chose. Do these comparisons in terms of the design process approach. ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 2 DQ 2 Domtar Case Study Domtar Case Study. Reread the Domtar Case Study (p.1-3) from Chapter 1. Answer Case Analysis question 1 on page 207.ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 2 Hardware Store Case Analysis Hardware Store Case Analysis. Read the Case Analysis on pages 147-148 and answer the questions that follow. ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 3 DQ 1 Games & Simulations Games & Simulations. Do an Internet search to identify the types of games and business simulations that are available. Select one and provide a description and an analysis of it. Discuss the learning content objectives. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 3 DQ 2 Classroom-based Learning Experience Classroom-based Learning Experience. Think about your best classroom-based learning experience and list the things that made it such a good experience. Then, think about your worst classroom-based experience and list the factors that made it such a bad experience. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings. ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 3 CSS Case Analysis CSS Case Analysis. Read the Case Analysis: Training for Customer Service Specialists on pages 258-260. Answer the case questions on page 260. ASHFORD BUS 680 Week 4 DQ 1 Tips for Trainers Tips for Trainers. Conduct a search of the Internet to identify tips for trainers in dealing with difficult trainees. Compare the types you find with the types identified in the text. If different, compare those you found with those in the text and offer an explanation as to why you think they were not included. If types are similar, compare how the text and Internet site suggest handling these types, noting any differences and explaining which method you prefer. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postingsASHFORD BUS 680 Week 4 DQ 2 Review Questions Review Questions. Answer one the following questions for review from the course text (p. 364):
- Assume that you were the training manager in the Westcan case (Chapter 4, p.139). How would you suggest evaluating the training, assuming they were about to conduct it as suggested in the case? Be as specific as you can.
- Of all the designs presented in Appendix 9-1, which one would you consider to be most effective while also being practical enough to convince an organization to adopt it? If your design involved representative sampling, how would you accomplish it?
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Strategies for Small and Medium Sized Businesses: One Size Doesn’t Fit All
- Management Development Techniques
- Training Evaluation: New Techniques and Strategies
- The Learning Organization: Three Companies That Have Made it a Reality
- Technical Training: A “How To” Guide to Enhancing Technical KSA’s
- Other topic approved by instructor
- Introduction: The area of research should be described and the purpose of the research. That is, describe the topic area in terms of (1) its relationship to training and (2) what you want to be able to contribute to the training literature by writing this paper.
- Review of the literature: Organize the literature into logical streams of thought related to your topic area. Within each of these areas summarize what the literature has to say. Be sure to indicate in your discussion whether the information is based on empirical data or just the opinion of the author.
- Implications of the literature: Again, organize the implications of the literature in a manner that logically builds the case for your conclusions (which you will present in the next section). For each of your implications be sure to reference the literature related to that implication. Be sure to indicate whether the implication is one that has already been made in the literature or if this is one that is original to you. You should identify in this section important areas related to your topic that are missing from the literature.
- Conclusions: This is where you tie all the pieces together. Make sure your conclusions are organized in a logical order that states what you have concluded relative to the purpose of your paper. Be sure that these conclusions are justified. For example, conclusions based upon empirical fact have more weight than those based upon opinion. Opinions shared by many in the literature have more weight than those of only one author.
You'll get 1 file (38.7KB)