CIS 512 Wk 3 Discussion CPUs and Programming
CPUs and Programming" Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, identify the following CPUs:
- 1) the CPU that resides on a computer that you own or a computer that you would consider purchasing, and
- 2) the CPU of one (1) other computer. Compare the instruction sets and clock rates of each CPU. Determine which CPU of the two is faster and why.
- Conclude whether or not the clock rate by itself makes the CPU faster. Provide a rationale for your response.
- From the second e-Activity, examine two (2) benefits of using planning techniques—such as writing program flowcharts, pseudocode, or other available programming planning technique—to devise and design computer programs. Evaluate the effectiveness of your preferred program planning technique, based on its success in the real world. Provide one (1) example of a real-life application of your preferred program planning technique to support your response.
- Use the Internet to research the various features of the Central Processing Units (CPU) of one (1) or two (2) computers. Be prepared to discuss.
- Select your preferred computer program planning technique, such as flowcharting or pseudocode. Use the Internet and Strayer Library to research whether or not the selected technique has proven to be successful. For example, take note of whether or not there has been any research that indicates labor hours and dollars that have been saved due to programs initially being written with a lower number of programming errors. Be prepared to discuss.
You'll get 1 file (36.1KB)