Ashford BUS 644 Complete Course (Operations Management)/Latest Version
Product DescriptionBUS 644 Complete Course (Operations Management)/Latest Version ASHFORDWeek 1BUS 644 Week 1 MidasMidas. Read the “Midas” case study in Chapter 2 of your text. Answer questions 1through 4 in a two- to- four page paper in accordance with APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your paper should be in paragraph form (avoid the use of bullet points), and supported with the concepts outlined in your text. Provide at least two scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library or other external sources, excluding the textbook. Do not include the original questions of the assignment in the paper.
- What are the anticipated impacts upon operating efficiency? How would you attempt to minimize the negative impacts?
- Should some operating practices be changed to accommodate the tune-ups?
- Should input be gathered from the shop owners? If so, what?
- If Midas decides to launch this new program, how should it begin?
- Strategy development
- Product development
- Systems to produce goods and services
- Order fulfillment
- Discuss some ways that a hospital might measure quality.
- What are the potential costs of quality for Memorial Hospital? How could the value of a human life be included?
- Are there any ideas or techniques from TQM that Janice could use to help Memorial focus on providing quality health care?
- What measures could Memorial use to assess the quality of health care it is providing?
- Calculate the capacity of each machine center and the capacity of the system.
- If Beck wants to expand capacity, where should he focus the company’s efforts? How much extra capacity can he get without causing another operation to become the bottleneck?
- How may Mr. Beck expand capacity without purchasing new equipment? Be specific.
- What information may help Alliance reduce costs while providing better service?
- If purchase information can be obtained on individual customers, what new approach could be used by Alliance?
- What options are open to Coral to address this problem?
- How would reducing the minimum quantity of subassemblies help?
- What are the costs of carrying excess items in inventory at each stage?
- What is the trade-off between overtime costs and inventory costs?
- Which type(s) of production processing – job shop, batch, repetitive, or continuous – is the primary mode of operation? Explain.
- In what ways could management keep track of job status and location during production?
- Can you suggest any changes that might be beneficial to the company or add value for the customer? What are they?
You'll get 1 file (38.7KB)