Analyze one’s personal work experience and case studies….
Analyze one’s personal work experience and case studies of businesses where participative leadership, delegation and empowerment have been or could be applied.
The previous assignment asked you to look at creating a biblical approach for successful leadership and organizational growth vs. a personality-driven approach (which can be particularly dangerous, given our discussions in Workshop Two about the idolatry of power). This assignment will ask you to focus on how you might use transformational leadership strategies like empowerment, and how you would respond to such approaches. You will also be asked to talk about contingency and situational approaches in your own personal leadership practices. Ideas like “empowerment,” “participatory decision-making,” etc. sound wonderful, but employees have to be able and willing to participate meaningfully with leaders, and have to be teachable and self-motivated to work toward organizational goals. Leaders also need to be able to assess employees so that employees can be properly equipped to succeed.
· Write a 4-5 page paper based on the following context.
We all can think of times when we wished our bosses would give us more say and discretion on the job, or at the very least, listened to our ideas. But think of times when you’ve been in charge in any situation and answer the following questions:
- What has made it difficult for you to trust employees, volunteers, church members, etc.? When someone offers you an idea for how to improve a process, program, etc., what has made it difficult for you to accept and implement the idea? How might contingency or situational approaches to leadership explain your hesitancy to empower employees?
- If you saw yourself as being in a covenantal/biblical relationship with those people, how would your response to them (and their ideas) change?
- What are some of the challenges of delegating to employees or volunteers that you’ve noticed when you’ve lead (or if you haven’t lead, what might be some challenges to delegation)? Drawing from the ideas in the text, how might you as a leader delegate and empower employees differently depending upon their readiness to embrace responsibility?
- Transformational leadership states that leaders motivate employees by inspiring them with a compelling vision and empowering them to accomplish this vision. How is this in keeping with a covenantal approach to leadership and how could you use it to more effectively delegate to followers?
- Ensure that you have at least two scholarly resources to support your writing.
- Ensure that you use the Paper Writing rubric to guide your efforts and apply the required formatting style.
You'll get a 34.5KB .DOC file.