ACC 575 Week 9 Assignment 1 Federal Taxes
Assignment 1: Federal Taxes
Congress has asked you to evaluate the individual tax brackets in the federal tax code and make several recommendations to improve the fairness of the tax brackets. Using the Internet and Strayer Library, research the current federal tax brackets for individual tax payers.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Give your opinion as to whether or not you believe the current progressive federal income tax structure is fair for most Americans. Provide support for your response.
- Create an argument for what you believe should be the maximum federal income tax rate an individual should have to pay. Provide support for your argument.
- Analyze the potential benefits that a flat tax structure might have on both taxpayers and the United States Treasury. Defend or critique a flat tax structure.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the concepts, rules, and methodologies’ application to federal taxation and the ability to apply them to individuals.
- Analyze tax research processes and practice, and other tax issues.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business law and tax.
- Write clearly and concisely about business law and tax using proper writing mechanics.
You'll get 1 file (31.8KB)
More products from Dr. G Solutions - Professional Academic Writer