POS 355 Introduction to Operational Systems – Complete Class
Product DescriptionPOS 355 Introduction to Operational Systems – Complete Class POS 355 Week 1 Individual: Memory Management Paper For this assignment, you will choose one the following options:
- Option 1: Write a 2-page paper that explains memory management requirements.
- Option 2: Write a 2-page paper that explains the differences in memory management between Windows®and Linux®.
- The team members who are responsible for each part of the final project
- The team approach to the project
- A schedule for completing the project with weekly milestones
- Option 1, File Access: Write a 2-page paper that discusses the following: Consider a system that supports 5,000 users. Suppose you want to allow 4,990 of those users to be able to access one file. How would you specify this protection scheme in UNIX®?
- Option 2, Protection Scheme: Write a 2-page paper that discusses the following: Consider a system that supports 5,000 users. Suppose that you want to allow 4,990 of those users to be able to access one file. Suggest another protection scheme that can be used more effectively for this purpose than the scheme provided by UNIX®?
- Option 1, GNU: Write a 2-page paper defining and describing the GNU public license and its role.
- Option 2, Open/Closed Source: Write a 2-page paper defining and comparing open source and closed source operating systems. Provide examples of each.
- Option 3, OS emulator: Locate an operating system emulator and experiment with a system type (e.g. Windows or Unix) opposite of what you are currently using. Write a 2-page paper describing your experiences with your chosen system compared to your current operating system.
You'll get 1 file (38.7KB)