ACC 578 Week 4 Assignment 2 - Fraud Risk Assessment
In your role as a corporate controller at Dingwow Inc., you have been charged by senior management with assessing the company’s risk exposure to fraud and techniques that could be implemented to detect fraud.
Using the Internet or Strayer databases, research risks associated with fraud, effective techniques that could be used to prevent or detect fraud, and the roles and responsibilities within the organization for preventing and detecting fraud.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Determine the types of exposure to fraud that the company could be exposed to and the related consequences to the organization. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Evaluate tools and techniques that are the most effective in preventing and detecting fraud, making a recommendation for the tool that has the highest cost-benefit factor. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
- Evaluate the roles and responsibilities in the company to prevent and detect fraud, indicating how a culture of integrity can be created within these roles.
- Use at least three (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the use of data analysis and automated processes for fraud detection within business systems.
- Examine management’s responsibilities for fraud prevention processes and the establishment of proper controls.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in fraud prevention and detection.
- Write clearly and concisely about fraud prevention and detection using proper writing mechanics
You'll get a 29.3KB .DOCX file.
More products from Joe Philips (Tutor)