CJS 240 Week 5 Checkpoint The Justice Systems (Appendix D)
· Individuals arrested have the right to receive Miranda warnings.
· The purpose of the procedures is to punish the guilty.
· Individuals on trial have the constitutional right to a jury trial.
· Court jurisdiction is determined by age.
· Individuals have the right to counsel.
· Individuals on trial do not have a right to a jury trial.
· There is the ability to negotiate and plea bargain.
· Court proceedings are public.
· Purpose of procedures is to protect and treat.
· Proceedings are not considered criminal.
· Justice system personnel use discretion.
· Court proceedings are private.
· Court jurisdiction is determined by offense.
· Proceedings are considered criminal.
Prosecutors and defense attorneys are key players in proceedings
You'll get 1 file (19.3KB)
More products from Topclasswork
ACC 280 Final (5th Set) 40 Questions.doc
ACC 280 Final (3rd Set) 42 Questions.doc
ACC 280 Final (2nd Set) 50 Questions.doc
Want to get updates from Topclasswork?