CIS 210 Week 3 Case Study 1 - Building an Access Control System
Case Study 1: Building an Access Control System
As a member of the Information Security team at a small college, you have been made the project manager to install an access control system (ACS) in a dormitory. The ACS will automatically unlock the dormitory doors via an electronic proximity reader and integrate with an existing security camera system. The cameras are designed to face and rotate to record a person as they use their identification card to unlock the door.
Create a 4-page project plan for this project in which you:
- Include a one-half page project scope statement.
- Define five (5) major tasks, each with 1–2 subtasks. Also wrote a brief description for each task.
- Create a Gantt chart illustrating the project (use Microsoft Project or a similar project management program).
- Create a system diagram illustrating the equipment and connections required for the project. (use Microsoft Visio or a similar software package).
- APA format using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
You'll get a 317.7KB .DOCX file.