Flarum on shared hosting
- So the procedure is as follows:
- download the beta zip file
- extract the files on your computer
- download an FTP programm, for instance filezilla (which is free, but download it only from the own website)
- install the ftp programm
- connect to your hosting environment, you'll need a server (hostname), an username, a password and a port (default 21) to connect to. These are provided by your webhoster.
- (in filezilla) you have your local (computer) files on the left and the server files on the right
- open the directory with the extracted flarum installation on the left
- open the directory of your website's public directory on the right, this will be named either public, public_html, www, the name of your domain or it's the current directory (let's not hope so)
- drag the files from the left to the right, make sure you select all of them
- open your browser and enter the url of your website
- the installer should open, you'll need to enter database settings, these are too provided by your hosting provider.
You'll get a 6.2MB .ZIP file.