ABS 497 Complete Class-Applied Behavioral Sciences Capstone
Product Description ABS 497 Complete Class-Applied Behavioral Sciences Capstone ABS 497 Week 1 Assignment Community ChangeCommunity Change. Write a two- to- three- page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that identifies a problem faced by your community. Discuss how a model of community change could be implemented to improve the problem.
- Describe six features of your community (e.g., cultural make up, size, and locality).
- Define the problem (e.g., obesity, environmental pollution, teenage pregnancy, graffiti, truancy, gangs, drugs, child labor, or insufficient educational programs) and explain why the problem is detrimental to the community.
- Select a model of community change identified in the textbook and explain how it could be implemented to improve the problem.
- At least three aspects of the problem you think that the model will be most successful at solving and provide reasoning as to why.
- At least three aspects of the problem you think that the model will struggle to solve and provide reasoning as to why.
- Must be 10 to 12 slides, and formatted according to APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title slide with the following:
- Title of the training
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must present a thesis statement regarding why social skills training would be appropriate for adolescents.
- Must explain different types of communication (e.g., aggressive and assertive).
- Must share four strategies on how adolescents could improve their communication skills.
- Must create at least three hypothetical scenarios of problems that adolescents might encounter, including one that involves cultural/ethnic issues. The scenarios should show how adolescents could use improved communication skills to solve these problems.
- Must develop conclusions that reiterate the opening thesis statement, include a summary of the social skills training discussed, and offer evidence of its effectiveness.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources (in addition to the course text), including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library. References are to be provided as needed within the slides.
- Must include a separate reference slide, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Introduction – This section should include a brief summary of the community problem that will be addressed, as well as the approach that will be used to investigate and solve the problem.
- Statement of the problem – The purpose of this section is to specify the main research question (e.g., Does enrollment in a financial reward program reduce truancy?) and define the community problem in more depth (e.g., truancy), analyzing why it is a problem. In addition, you will explain the problem-solving method you plan to employ (e.g., enrollment in a financial reward program) and state your main hypothesis. (e.g., Enrollment in a financial reward program is expected to reduce student truancy in the short term, but its long-term effects are difficult to predict.)
- Methodology – Explain how your Final Paper will investigate the problem. How will the study be designed? How many participants will be involved in the study and how will they be recruited? (e.g., Four classes at a local high school will be given the opportunity to participate in the research study. Two of these classes will be enrolled in the financial reward program.) How will data be collected? (e.g., Truancy data will be collected on all of the participants for the six months preceding the reward program, for the duration of the program, and for the six months after completion of the reward program.) What statistics will be used to evaluate the data? (e.g., Inferential statistics will be conducted to compare the truancy levels of the group of students participating in the program with those of the group of students who are not participating in the program.) Ethical considerations should be discussed to ensure that no unethical research is suggested.
- Conclusions – This section should contain concluding remarks about any potential problems that might be encountered in conducting this research study. It should also include speculations on the potential results of the study.
You'll get 1 file (38.7KB)