MGT 455 Grand Canyon Week 7 Assignment
Christian Worldview/Operations Management Integration Paper
For this assignment, you will discuss how Christian principles can be applied to an operations management dilemma:
Select one of the ethical dilemmas below from the text:
- Managing Quality (Chapter 6) (page 227)
- Process Strategy (Chapter 7) (page 291)
- Layout Strategy (Chapter 9) (page 379)
- Supply Chain Management (Chapter 11) (page 453)
- Inventory Management (Chapter 12) (page 502)
Briefly summarize the issue. Note that only a small portion of your paper’s content should be devoted to summarizing the issue.
Respond to the following question(s) in the text:
- How can this issue be addressed from a Christian worldview? In other words, what guidance from a Biblical perspective could be applied to understand and possibly resolve the dilemma? The following GCU websites may be helpful: Doctrinal Statement (http://www.gcu.edu/About-Us/Doctrinal-Statement.php) and Mission and Vision (http://www.gcu.edu/About-Us/Mission-and-Vision.php.)
In addition to addressing the questions, the student may also optionally frame the issue using ethical theories (Utilitarianism, Kantian ethics, Distributive Justice, Virtue ethics and Covenantal ethics). Note however that the questions provided must be addressed.
Use external citations. Your paper should have at least six external citations (in additional to any Biblical citations) to help frame the issue. No Wikipedia citations are allowed.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Format: use Times New Roman (font size: 12) with 1-inch margins.
Submit your file in a Microsoft Word document. Ensure that your last name is in your file name.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
You'll get a 24.4KB .DOCX file.