MGT 510 Week 9 Assignment 3 Successful Domestic Company Goes Global!
Imagine that you are the CEO of a
successful domestic company. In the last 6 months, many potential clients in
foreign countries have expressed a desire to conduct business with you. You
know that in order for your company to grow, you will have to expand overseas.
You have recently attended a local three (3)-day international trade exposition
and have gathered many brochures on the foreign companies interested in doing
business with your company.
After meeting with the Executive
Committee of your successful domestic company, you decide that you will need to
identify a minimum of two (2) countries for expansion and two (2) expatriates
whom you will send into the chosen countries. The selected expatriates will
learn about the countries’ cultures and business activities there. You must
prepare a report for the potential employees who may want to take an overseas
assignment, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors.
Use the Internet and Strayer Library to research possible countries for
expansion. Next, conduct research on leveraging expatriates over country
nationals for business overseas. Finally, research books that could help
expatriates in their transition to working overseas. Note: You may
create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page
paper in which you:
- Create a guide to leveraging expatriates. The guide
should include four to six (4-6) sources that address benefits and
challenges of sending expatriates to other countries.
- Examine the major benefits that this report can provide
for the organization, and suggest two (2) uses for the information
contained therein. Justify your response.
- Analyze the major factors (e.g., distance, cultural
background, knowledge of the related countries, languages spoken,
relatives who may live in another country, etc.) that would influence your
choice of countries into which your company would expand. Recommend two
(2) countries for expansion. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine three (3) criteria that you would consider
when deciding which employees to send abroad. Justify your response.
- Propose the major methods and / or incentives you would
use in order to encourage the selected employees to become expatriates.
Provide a rationale for your response.
- Recommend one (1) strategy to ensure that both the
Executive Committee and the Board of Directors are committed to the
expansions. Justify your response.
- Recommend two (2) books that the selected expatriates
should take with them when they go overseas. Provide a rationale for your
- Outline a guide for expatriates who will reside within
another country for one to two (1-2) years. The related guide should cover
the following topics: selecting items to pack, accommodating a vehicle
(i.e., leave behind or send overseas), shipping or selling furniture,
moving pets, and arranging accommodations for children and / or family
residing in another country for the discussed length of time.
- Develop a framework for your presentation. The
framework should include the following:
- Relevant visuals
- Statistics that support the decision to expand into
the identified countries
- A feasibility study of your company’s proposed
expansion to the countries in question
- Information related to renting or buying land or a
- Any other information relevant to the case for
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in
this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify
as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references
must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for
any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the implementation process related to strategy
- Use technology and information resources to research
issues in global management.
- Write clearly and concisely about global management
using proper writing mechanics.
You'll get 1 file (157.0KB)