1. Below are 2 one-sample t-tests comparing male and female average salaries to the overall sample mean. Based on our sample, how do you interpret the results and what do these results suggest about the population means for male and female salaries?
2. Based on our sample results, perform a 2-sample t-test to see if the population male and female salaries could be equal to each other.
3. Based on our sample results, can the male and female compas in the population be equal to each other? (Another 2-sample t-test.)
4. What other information would you like to know to answer the question about salary equity between the genders? Why?
5. If the salary and compa mean tests in questions 3 and 4 provide different results about male and female salary equality, which would be more appropriate to use in answering the question about salary equity? Why? What are your conclusions about equal pay at this point?