LAW/421 Whole Class
Product DescriptionLAW 421 All DQs ,Individual and Learning Team Assignments Week1Individual Role and Functions of Law PaperResource: Read the Case Brief Cipollone v. Liggett Group, Inc., et al. in Ch. 2, section LO2-6, “Commerce Powers,” of the text.Write a 700-1,200 word paper in which you define the functions and role of law, including substantive law, procedural law, criminal law, civil law, common law, statutory law and Constitutional Law in business and society. Discuss the functions and role of law in your past or present job or industry. Also discuss the Commerce Clause and the role it plays in this topic. Properly cite at least two references from your assigned reading.Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.Week 2Individual Addressing International Legal and Ethical Issues Simulation SummaryComplete the Addressing International Legal and Ethical Issues simulation located on the student website.Write a 350-500 word summary. In your paper, answer the following questions:
- What are the issues involved in resolving legal disputes in international transactions?
- What are some practical considerations of taking legal action against a foreign business partner based in another country?
- What factors could work against CadMex’s decision to grant sublicensing agreements?
- When the local customs and laws conflict with the customs and laws of an organization operating abroad, which should prevail? Explain why.
- How would you compare the issues in this simulation to the domestic legal issues discussed in your Week One readings?
- How should companies resolve domestic and international issues differently?
You'll get 1 file (38.7KB)