Strategic frame - Virgin Case Study and Walgreens Case Study
For this assessment, concentrate on the strategic frame. Complete the following to prepare:
- Review the Virgin Case Study and Walgreens Case Study linked in the Resources under the (Required) Capella Resources heading for a brief introduction of each organization. Select either Virgin or Walgreens to research for your strategic assessment; you will use the same organization throughout the course.
- Review the memos located in the Resources under the Required Resources heading before starting this assessment. They contain important information that will assist you in completing this assessment as well as the following assessments in this course. In addition, you may wish to review the handouts linked in the Resources under the Suggested Resources heading.
- Once you have selected an organization, read Memo – Assessment 1 Terri Bell Introduction(linked in the Required Resources). Terri Bell is a vice president of strategy and the fictional character you communicate with for your selected case study. The memo will describe details and offer suggestions for success with this assessment.
- Develop an executive brief to Terri Bell, the fictional vice president of strategy for your chosen organization. Communicate the findings from your preliminary analysis of the organization's strategy as you complete the following.
- Identify and analyze your chosen organization's generic business and corporate strategies. How is the organization competing? Specifically, which of the three generic business strategies—cost, differentiation, or hybrid—has it established to supply customer needs and beat the competition? Does the organization employ any of the following three corporate strategies: diversification, vertical integration, or globalization?
- Analyze your chosen organization's corporate strategy. What is the organization's competitive game plan or its articulated strategy? Is there a strategy for different business units, if it has diversified? Does the strategy address how to strengthen its market position and gain a competitive advantage?
- Analyze your chosen organization's business model, that is, the core products and or services, how the organization makes money. What is the customer value proposition? What is the profit proposition?
- Analyze your chosen organization's corporate strategy, including product, geographical, and vertical scope in which it operates. Has the organization expanded from its initial product line or field of operation? Does the organization own vertically related activities along the value chain for its products?
- Submit the executive brief in a business format, adhering to the additional requirements below.
- References: Support your executive brief with at least three academic resources from the Capella University Library. You must use proper APA (6th edition) style to list your references. For more information, refer to the APA Style and Format page in the Capella Writing Center.
- Length:The body of the executive brief must be 2–3 double-spaced, typed pages, not including the references list, appendices, or the title page.
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the analysis and do not detract from the overall message. Demonstrate graduate-level writing skills. Avoid errors that detract from the overall message.
- Formatting: Use APA (6th edition) formatting, including: correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no extra line spaces before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, one-inch margins all around, and no bullets. Refer to the APA Style and Format page in the Capella Writing Center for more information.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You'll get a 28.9KB .DOCX file.