. A 0.897g sample containing chloride ion is treated with excess lead (II) nitrate. The lead (II) chloride precipitated is filtered into a filter paper that weighed 0.923g. After washing and drying the precipitate+ filter paper weighed 2.686g. Calculate the following:
1) Write the total ionic and net ionic equation for the reaction producing the precipitate:
2) Why was excess lead (II) nitrate used in the above procedure?
3) moles of lead (II) chloride formed:________
4) Moles of chloride present in the sample__________ and Mass of chloride present in the sample _________
5) % of chloride in the sample: ___________
6) Is the mass of the sample same as the mass of precipitate?