National Cycle Tourism Network, Portugal - Road Book 2017
Maps and GPS tracks for cycle touring in Portugal - 3rd edition, 2017
The National Cycletourism Network is a project designed by a portuguese road project engineer and cycle touring enthusiast, whose goal is to signal a nationwide network with the best roads for bike touring in Portugal.
The "National Cycletourism Network - Road Book 2017" consists on a digital PDF document with the most beautiful secondary and low traffic roads in Portugal, identified exclusively using GPS. Based on the existing public roads, bike lanes, rails-to-trails and macadam trails this project selects for you the best paths that leads you through the most amazing scenarios and landscaping of Portugal.
The 2017 edition presents to you a total of 2693 km (of 7000 km expected untill 2025) identified in GPS. Pavements are mostly asphalt but may also vary from macadam, compacted soil, wood or old stone paved roads.
What does the Road Book 2017 include?
- 57 sections with detailed maps, info and photos. - Technical data, alerts and track information . - GPS tracks (KML and GPX) for all the 2693 km of secondary roads, bike lanes and rails-to-trails, divided in 57 sections of 30 to 50 km each. - Tips for your long bike journey, as well for shorter 1 or 2 days trips. - Fully written in English and exclusively in digital PDF format.
What are the main routes already identified in the 2017 Road Book?
Ecovia 1 - Atlantic west coast (23 sections) Ecovia 2 - Rivers, farms and forests (8 sections) Ecovia 3 - Meridian cross country (8 section) Ecovia 6 - Rocky mountains (2 sections) Ecovia 9 - Mondego River & Mountains (1 section) Ecovia 11 - Marshlands & Plains (1 section) Ecovia 12 - The four regions tour (2 sections) Ecovia 14 - The rails-to-trails tour (4 sections) Ecovia 15 - Central Alentejo (4 sections) Ecovia 17 - Lower Alentejo (1 section) Ecovia 18 - Algarvian Sierras (1 section) Ecovia 19 - Algarvian south coast (2 sections)
With this purchase you will get:
- 1 PDF file (140 Mb) containing the 2017 road book with all the maps, technical and turistic information for each section, tips& tricks for cycling in Portugal, hyperlinks for online maps and much more.
- 1 PDF file (39 Mb) containing the 2017 road book, with low image quality, for using on smartphones, tablets and older computers.
- 12 GPX and 12 KML files (one for each ecovia) with all the available routes to use with your GPS device or smartphone.
- 1 PDF file containing de General Map with all the identified routes.
- Next year you will get automatically a special 80% discount for the full 2018 edition.