COM 340 Complete Class New
Product DescriptionCOM 340 Complete Class NewCOM 340 NEW Week 1 DQ 1 What Is Technical CommunicationWhat Is Technical Communication? What is the difference between technical communication and technical writing? After completing your reading assignments for this week, how would you define each of these terms? Create your own definition for technical communication and a separate definition for technical writing. COM 340 NEW Week 1 DQ 2 The Value of Technical Communication The Value of Technical Communication. Why do we need technical communication? What purpose does it serve? Identify at least five types of documents or other written materials that could be considered technical writing that you engage in or see in your home and/or workplace. COM 340 NEW Week 1 Evaluation of a Health-Related Website Evaluation of a Health-Related Website. In July 1999, The American Telemedicine Association (A.T.A.) issued the following advice to consumers who use the Internet for health-related information and services. A.T.A.’s criteria for a quality site include the following (“Advisories” 2–3):
- The site is sponsored by a reputable healthcare organization (e.g., American Cancer Society, American Medical Association, nationally recognized medical college, or the like). Information from a commercial interest such as a drug company should include assurances that the material is reasonable, balanced, and objective and does not merely promote the company’s own products.
- Each information source is clearly documented.
- A site providing online diagnosis or prescribing treatment and medication avoids any direct sales of the treatments or medications being prescribed.
- The professionals offering medical consultation are fully licensed and their credentials are clearly posted.
- The site clearly describes its policies and procedures for maintaining records of the consultation and safeguarding patient privacy.
- A graph
- A chart
- A graphic illustration
- This assignment should be a planning proposal, as defined in our text,Technical Communication. The purpose of the proposal is to provide a solution to a problem or suggestions for improvement of a situation.
- Assume that the audience for this proposal will be Ashford University administration.
- Your proposal should fulfill the basic persuasive tasks outlined in Chapter Twenty-One of the text.
- Your proposal should employ the persuasive techniques discussed in Chapter Four of the text.
- Your proposal should have a clear introduction, body, and conclusion that are appropriately labeled with these headings.
- Your proposal should have a properly formatted A.P.A. title page. (You do not need a Table of Contents.)
- Your proposal should have a properly formatted A.P.A. reference page with at least two scholarly sources that support the problem or your suggestion/recommendation.
You'll get 1 file (38.7KB)