SP180 Assignment 6 Principles of Public Speaking
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the "Assignment Format" page for specific format requirements.
- Create a complete preparation outline using the outline template below for a persuasive speech.
- You may choose from one of the topics below.
- Why banning the use of cell phones while driving should be mandatory nationwide
- What I see as the biggest challenges young adults face today
- Increased dependence on technology in the U.S.
- Bullying in schools.
- Gun laws in the U.S.
3. State the general purpose, specific purpose, and central idea clearly and in the appropriate form.
4.Limit your key points to three and main points with supporting resources to two per point.
5. State your key points and main points in complete sentences.
6. Summarize key points of introduction with a call for action in your conclusion.
7. Based on your submitted outline, begin writing the first draft of your speech while studying the next lesson. In Lesson 7, you will study how to write the components of your speech. The outcome of this process is a final written speech to be submitted as your final assignment in Lesson 7.
You'll get 1 file (65.8KB)