THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO JAZZ DANCE - (Physical Book only)
At last a new book dedicated to the art form of Jazz Dance, Jazz Music, Jazz Theatre Arts is available to purchase direct from the authors.
Written by Dollie Henry & Paul Jenkins - Artistic Directors, Jazz Creatives and Educators of the UK's premier Jazz organisation - BOP Jazz Theatre Company aka BOP
Dollie & Paul as creative Jazz artists and educators, have provided a exciting and accessible Jazz Book for the 21st Century. The Essential Guide to Jazz Dance offers a practical and uncomplicated overview to the multi-layered history, practices and development of jazz dance as a creative and artistic dance form.
Jazz dance and its inherent music is recognized as one of the original and most potent art forms of the last two centuries. From its African roots to our present-day global dance community, the jazz idiom has afforded a cross-fertilization with all other artistic, cultural and social representations within the arts industry, providing an accessible dance platform for dancers, teachers and creatives to enjoy both recreationally and professionally.
Now you can read all about JAZZ and use it as a legitimate tool to research, discover and understand Jazz Dance not just as word but a creative and artistic form of expression.
Whats inside this well structured book:
- 208 colour and 17 black & white photos and 10 colour diagrams
- The incredible history and lineage of jazz dance
- Specifics of jazz aesthetic, steps and styles
- An insightful and detailed breakdown of a practical jazz dance warm-up and technical exercises
- Creative frameworks to support development of jazz dance expression and aesthetic
- Performance and improvisation
- Jazz music and musical interpretation
- Choreographing and creating jazz works
SIZE: 246x189 mm